Careers advice is available to assist students in developing their professional goals and objectives, and regular career workshops are held to provide support in finding employment and preparing for life in the workplace. The aim is to make students career conscious and start building their life skills early on. All students are welcome to attend to start improving their life skills and employability, especially final year students.
In career workshops, students can learn how to create a professional CV, design a cover letter, develop their interview skills, use networking and negotiate an offer.
What is the mission of Career Services at CUD?
The mission of the Career Services is to make students’ transition from university to career a success story. This is meant to be a shared success; therefore, the Career Center invites you to collaborate and work together with your professors, internship professors and use the services and resources of the Career Services throughout your studies. Participate in events, start thinking about your career plans and set SMART career goals from your first year on. The Career Center aims to serve you the best possible way and motivate you to take action and discover your possibilities and use your existing resources strategically. Throughout all the events and one-on-one sessions we are going to work on improving your life skills and employability that you will be seasoned when entering in the 21st century job market.
How will I benefit from Career Services?
Regardless of year of studies, major or interest, every student can profit from the following services:
- Advising on career related matters – job and internship search strategies, setting career goals, objectives and a step-by-step plan
- Improving career correspondence (CV, thank you notes)
- Assistance in finding internships, part-time or volunteer opportunities
- Workshops to develop file skills (interview skills, networking online and offline, personal branding)
- Career Fair to be exposed to companies and organizations
Watch how Career Services can help you get ahead in life
Deciding on a career can be challenging and an industry-based internship can help you to explore and evaluate your career options while still at University.
Canadian University Dubai works with a wide range of partner companies to provide students with the opportunity to put into practice the skills and concepts learned in the classroom. The internship is an important experiential and academic component of each program and is compulsory for all undergraduate majors.
During an internship, students work for 150-180hrs (dependent upon the program) either on a part-time or full-time basis. Full-time internships involve 30-40hrs per week and part-time internships involve 15-20hrs per week. The host company/organization provides professional staff members to assist the student in their learning experience.
Internships at CUD are managed by the Career Services, and all open positions are posted internally on Moodle under Career Services section in the newsfeed. Student Portal Career Services Newsfeed
If you are about to graduate or a fresh graduate, upload your CV to the CUD Student Job Portal: Student Jobs Portal .
This site is sponsored by CUD’s Strategic Career Partner, Bayt.com, therefore, your CV will be visible to all partner companies of CUD and Bayt.com. Moreover, you can easily and directly apply for job advertisements.
Where can you find us?
Career Services office: C106
Phone: +971 4 7096 291
- Appointments between 10.00 am – 5.00 pm, Sundays - Thursdays can be booked via e-mail.
- To book an appointment, send an e-mail to email@example.com, indicating ‘Career Centre Appointment’ in the subject. List all dates and timings when you are available and the issue(s) you would like to discuss.
- Use your CUD e-mail ID when writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal e-mails (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) might land in the junk mailbox which could lead to delayed response.
- Within 24 hours you shall receive a calendar invite. Accept the invitation and arrive on time. Prepare for the appointment by bringing any necessary documentation or prepared questions.