The Alumni Office aims to promote interaction between its members, as well as with the University, and can help to facilitate events and activities that provide both formal and informal opportunities to meet. We invite you to explore our calendar of upcoming events and to get in touch if you would like to organize an event of your own.
- Alumni Reunion Dinner;
- Forming an alumni team for sporting games;
- Sports gatherings including tennis, golf, volleyball, soccer, etc.;
- Formal or semi-formal dinners or receptions;
- Outdoor activities including, group hike, biking, picnic or cookout, boating, etc.
Volunteering/Community Service Events
- A volunteer day;
- Work with local non-profit organizations on community-based day projects, such as park/community clean ups, support for local shelters, assistance in local schools;
- Volunteer as a group to help at a community charity fundraiser;
- Sign up for a community walk/run.
Professional/Personal Development & Continuing Education
- Events featuring CUD alumni speakers, professors, or local speakers, incorporating a social hour and/or Q&A session, with a focus on higher education topics, diverse events, or topics relevant to the alumni group.
- A local career day program, including alumni representatives from local organizations, highlighting current opportunities.
- Professional speaker events on a personal development topic: stress management, time management, career management, emotional awareness, etc.
- An alumni series, where members of the chapter share knowledge and expertise in their fields that are relevant to the group: personal finance, marketing tools, technology tips, etc.
- Welcome receptions or event for new alumni or interns;
- Tour of a local company, organization, plant, or facility for interns or alumni who are new to the area;
- Work with the Alumni Relations Office to volunteer with CUD enrollment, recruitment, or Student Services to interview, mentor, and/or provide needed support to students.