Canadian University Dubai
Canadian University Dubai (CUD) is recruiting for academic talent with a good academic track-record of teaching and publication to join in January 2019.
Established in 2006, CUD is one of the most promising universities in the Middle East, Africa and South Asian region, QS Ranked in the top 5% of Universities in the Arab region and No 8 in the United Arab Emirates, with an excellent reputation as the leading portal to world-class Canadian higher education. As we are in the process of propelling the university’s development to the next level, we are introducing an all-new discovery-rich curriculum to motivate students to not only learn, but discover at CUD.
With the world’s fastest growing population, Dubai is home to an exciting, diverse, multi-cultural blend of young, dynamic, professionals, all drawn to the Emirate for its unrivalled lifestyle and the outstanding employment prospects.
The Faculty of Communication, Arts and Sciences invites applications for Full-time or Visiting, Assistant/Associate Professors, holding a Ph.D. with a specialization in any of the following areas:
- Applied Sociology in Arabic (Bilingual) (Ref: 2019/1)
- Teaching English as a foreign language (Masters level minimum, Native English speaker in Dubai) (Ref: 2019/2)
The Program of Interior Design, within the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, invites applications for a Full-time or Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor holding a Ph.D. with a specialization in the following area:
- Interior Design (Masters in Interior Design with a Ph.D. in a related field) (Ref: 2019/3)
The Program of Engineering, within the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, invites applications for a Full-time or Visiting Assistant/Associate Professor holding a Ph.D. with a specialization in the following area:
- Computer Science - To teach courses in the areas of Software Design/Development, Computer Network, and Cyber Security. (Must hold a Ph.D. in Computer Science) (Ref: 2019/4)
The Faculty of Management invites applications for Full-time or Visiting, Assistant/Associate/Full Professors, holding a Ph.D. with a specialization in any of the following areas:
- Marketing (Ref: 2019/5)
- Finance (Ref: 2019/6)
- Accounting (Ref: 2019/7)
- E-Business (Ref: 2019/8)
- MIT-MIS (Ref: 2019/9)
- Strategy (Ref: 2019/10)
- Operations Management (Ref: 2019/11)
- Supply Chain Management (Ref: 2019/12)
- Human Resources Management (Ref: 2019/13)
- Events and Tourism (Ref: 2019/14)
- International Business (Ref: 2019/15)
- Sports Management (Ref: 2019/16)
- Forensic Accounting (Ref: 2019/17)
- Luxury Marketing (Ref: 2019/18)
- Completed Ph.D. from an accredited university with a specialization in the specific field. (Unless stated otherwise next to the specific specialization above).
- Non-Ph.D. holders need not apply. (Unless stated otherwise).
- Minimum of college-level teaching experience.
- Utilizes innovative teaching strategies.
- Demonstrated research agenda in the area of expertise.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse student population.
- Contacts with industry leaders and ability to expand university-industry partnerships.
- Evidence of experience with course development.
Please note: Preference will be given to candidates with Canadian affiliation in the form of Canadian qualifications, lecturing at a Canadian University and some form of linkage to Canada/North America.
Competitive income tax free salary is offered with housing, transportation and furniture allowance. In addition, medical, life and accident insurance and educational support for dependents is provided.
A one way joining flight ticket, repatriation ticket and yearly flight ticket is offered in addition to other benefits.
Application materials must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required materials include: a CV, cover letter, copy of degrees (attested preferred, a research statement, a statement of teaching philosophy, teaching evaluations (if available), reprints or links to reprints for up to three publications and contact information for three references.
Please insert the specialized post name applied for and reference number in the subject line of your email.
You may refer to this link for additional information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duHKBqBTnLk
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Applications will be received and reviewed until the positions are filled.