June 30th, 2019: Canadian University Dubai (CUD) has recognized the winners of the 2nd Graduate Students’ Poster Competition at an award ceremony held on June 20th at the Shangri La Hotel. The event was an informal gathering for students, faculty, management and industry experts, to network and to celebrate participants’ achievements throughout the Competition. The ceremony was also attended by CUD VPA Dr. Mohammed Djedi, external judges of the Competition, and Dr. Ahmed Eltigani El Mansouri, CEO of Al Rawabi Dairy.
The 2nd Graduate Students’ Poster Competition was staged to engage students and faculty members in collaborations to develop innovative ideas that have the potential to benefit wider society. Fostering a culture of self-appraisal, the challenge aimed to enhance the competitive edge of participating students through discussion and interaction, while cultivating ideas that could improve the business management landscape. The competition was organized by academics from the Faculty of Management; Dr. Marc Poulin, Dr. Elgilani Elshareif and Dr. Abdel Ghani Mehailia.
The projects developed addressed areas of concern within the students’ scope of studies, such as General Management, Finance (Conventional/Islamic), Marketing, HRM, and IT, as well as other areas of interest. The projects demonstrated students’ application of knowledge, skills, and competency gained from their studies. The ideas they developed from their findings and methodologies were presented to a panel of external judges and their peers.
The external judging panel comprised of Mr. Shehzad Janab, Chief Investment Officer at Al Ramz Corporation; Wafa Taymour, Chief Operating Office at Al Jawaher Reception & Convention Centre; and Mr. Hashem Salem, General Manager, at Alowais Group. Several different awards were presented at the ceremony, in Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze categories.
The Competition winners were
- "Importance of Employee Engagement in the workplace" - Marwa Abbas Mairza, and Gaukharay Argimbayeva
- "IT Governance in SEWA" - Eman Al Harthi
- "Is Walt Disney worth investing in 2019?" - Hamda Jassim Sabt, Maryam Al Dhuhoori, Shaikha Aman Ali, Khadija Al Shehhi, and Alzahra Al Shehhi
- "A cross generational perspective on achieving work life integration" - Noura Itani
Gold Award winners
- "The UAE Paradigm shift to renewable energy, exploration & analysis" - Vikram Kesari and Foteini Lavda
- "Energy consumption impact on economy growth" - Asma Al Shamsi and Behzad Mehrpour Sheijani
- "Impact of oil consumption on UAE Economy" - Marwa Abbas Mairza and Gaukharay Argimbayeva
- "The impact of 5G technology on Digital Transformation of education sector" - Mohd Wassim Fadloun
Silver Award winners
- "Local & Regional events effect on tourism industry and on the Egyptian Economy Project" - Mohammed Tarek Elshamy
- "Behavioral Inclination in the Airline Industry in the case of Boeing" - Ramzi Fares and Eduardo Roquinza
- "Increasing probability within the constraint of recent challenges: the case of Facebook" - Saeed Al Khalifi, Maryam Almusallam, and Noora Lootah
Bronze Award winners
- "The impact of Ethical Violation and Agency Problem on Nissan’s financial problems" - Bassam Al Khameri
- "Blockchain and Governance" - Alia Al Marri