Applicants must hold an earned Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields with focus on Cyber Security. Potential courses taught by this position include, Network Security, Cryptographic Algorithms, Security Threats and Risk Analysis, Mobile and Wireless Security. Active involvement in research, student activities, course development, advising, and scholarly work is necessary. The duties of the new faculty member in cyber security include teaching and mentoring students doing graduation projects (research and applied projects). Dynamic involvement in research, student activities, course development, advising, and scholarly work is necessary.
Areas of Responsibility
- Teaching assigned classes;
- Maintaining adequate records of progress and evaluation for all students enrolled in classes assigned and submitting grades on dates indicated by the Registrar each semester (mid-semester and final);
- Preparing syllabi in conjunction with the Program Chair for distribution to students in the first week of the course (with a copy sent to the Program Chair);
- Assisting the Chair in evaluating course objectives and sequencing;
- Recommending curricular changes;
- Maintaining set office hours during the semester –posting these and informing students;
- Advising students and assisting in tracking “at-risk” students with poor academic performance;
- Reporting any needed repairs of equipment and any needed supplies;
- Recommending to the Chair the acquisition of reference materials for the department;
- Developing new course(s) as requested by the Chair or Dean;
- Supervising, teaching, and administering independent studies;
- Keeping up-to-date on developments in one’s discipline through participation in professional associations;
- Advising students during the registration periods;
- Attending faculty meetings and departmental meetings;
- Attending orientation and professional development workshops;
- Understanding the purpose and goals of the university and espousing them in the performance of their responsibilities;
- Performing community outreach activities,
- Serving as an ambassador to the Canadian University Dubai by promoting the institution when engaged in professional duties off-campus.
Qualification & Experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
- Applicants with experience within a Canadian Institution are preferred
Interested candidates should submit their CV and statement of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by CUD. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
We look forward to receiving your application!
About the Institution
Founded on a vision to pursue academic excellence and to leverage a diverse North American and European learning culture, Canadian University Dubai provides rich opportunities in education, research and professional development. Join our enthusiastic Faculty and Staff who deliver leading edge curriculum, tailored for a unique Canadian education experience. All of our programs are fully accredited in Canada and the UAE, opening doors and opportunities for our students to pursue their goals in Canada and abroad. You can do all of this, and be part of the exciting challenge, from our new campus in City Walk, where art, imagination and design meet, in the heart of Dubai’s newest boutique community. Canadian University Dubai offers full, expatriate assignments, with competitive total rewards. Canadian University Dubai strives to provide employees, students, and visitors with a diverse, safe, professional and ethical work environment, free of harassment. At Canadian University Dubai, we foster a culture of inclusion and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those of determination and those that are traditionally underrepresented in employment.