Faculty must serve as the program subject matter experts and assist the Chair/Coordinator on the ongoing operation of the academic program; ensure accredited curriculum is implemented in accordance with the academic standards of the university and in line with the requirements of the Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs. Faculty reports directly to the DEAN of the program and assist the Chair/Coordinator in the department and any administrative staff associated with the department.
The academic Faculty is to work for a minimum of forty (40) hours per week; the Faculty is expected to teach a full course load and holding office hours accordingly, subject to revision by the Chair/Coordinator in consultation with Dean and VPAA for any course release for research or community outreach.
In addition to teaching, faculty members, in consultation with the Dean should focus additional, non-instructional activities on Research, Development and Creative activities or administrative duties and services to the university and community.
Areas of Responsibility
- Teaching assigned classes;
- Maintaining adequate records of progress and evaluation for all students enrolled in classes assigned and submitting grades on dates indicated by the Registrar each semester (mid-semester and final);
- Preparing syllabi in conjunction with the Department Head for distribution to students in the first week of the course (with a copy sent to the Department Head);
- Assisting the Department Head in evaluating course objectives and sequencing;
- Recommending curricular changes;
- Maintaining set office hours during the semester – posting these and informing students;
- Advising students and assisting in tracking “at risk” students with poor academic performance;
- Reporting any needed repairs of equipment and any needed supplies;
- Recommending to the Department Head the acquisition of reference materials for the department;
- Developing new course(s) as requested by the Department Head or Dean;
- Supervising, teaching and/or administering independent studies;
- Keeping up-to-date on developments in one’s discipline through participation in professional associations;
- Advising students during the registration periods;
- Attending faculty meetings and departmental meetings;
- Attending orientation and professional development workshops;
- Understanding the purpose and goals of the university and espousing them in the performance of their responsibilities;
- Performing community outreach activities;
- Serving as an ambassador to Canadian University Dubai by promoting the institution when engaged in professional duties off campus.
Qualification and Experience
- PhD in Digital Media OR
- PhD in Journalism
- Applicants with experience within a Canadian Institution are preferred
- 3 years of teaching experience post graduation is preferred.
- Applicants with industry experience is preferred
Interested candidates should submit their CV and statement of interest by email to the following email address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable replacement is found.
We look forward to receiving your applications!
About the Institution
Founded on a vision to pursue academic excellence and to leverage a diverse North American and European learning culture, Canadian University Dubai provides rich opportunities in education, research and professional development. Join our enthusiastic Faculty and Staff who deliver leading edge curriculum, tailored for a unique Canadian education experience. All of our programs are fully accredited in Canada and the UAE, opening doors and opportunities for our students to pursue their goals in Canada and abroad. You can do all of this, and be part of the exciting challenge, from our new campus in City Walk, where art, imagination and design meet, in the heart of Dubai’s newest boutique community. Canadian University Dubai offers full, expatriate assignments, with competitive total rewards. Canadian University Dubai strives to provide employees, students, and visitors with a diverse, safe, professional and ethical work environment, free of harassment. At Canadian University Dubai, we foster a culture of inclusion and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those of determination and those that are traditionally underrepresented in employment.