A PhD holder of Public Health with a clear specialization in epidemiology and highly experienced in biostatistics and advanced methods for research. The functions of the Associate professor/Professor are to teach, conduct research and be active in community services. You will be expected to apply for research funding and conduct your own research as well as supervising students. The position also includes further development of the subject’s courses and programmes, especially within environment and health as well as quantitative methods where we offer courses at bachelor and master level.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the design and development of the overall curriculum.
- Design, develop and deliver a range of programmes of study at various levels.
- Lead the development and clarification of academic standards and quality for the subject area.
- Support the development and implementation of the research strategy.
- Lead and coordinate research activity in the subject area.
- Manage research and other collaborative partnerships with other educational institutions or other external bodies.
- Write publications of an internationally recognised standard or disseminate research findings using media appropriate to the discipline.
- Conduct research into learning and teaching methodologies and disseminate best practice within the University and externally.
- Appreciating the needs of individual students and their circumstances ensuring that these are addressed and accommodated appropriately, and students are aware of how to access University support.
- Lead and develop internal and external networks to foster collaboration and share information and ideas to promote the subject and the University.
- Participate in relevant internal and external networks
- Promote and market the work of the University in the subject area both nationally and internationally.
- Contribute to the enhancement of research quality and thinking in the field by being involved in quality assurance, external decision-making bodies, research councils, groups and subject associations.
- Perform other duties within the scope of this position that are deemed necessary to fulfil the mission of the Department of environmental Health Sciences.
Qualification & Experience
The minimum amount of education and experience that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties of the position is as follows:
- PhD from a well reputable university in public health with a clear specialization in epidemiology and highly experienced in biostatistics
- Teaching experience (at least 6 years working experience at higher education institutions) Experience in biostatistics and advanced methods for research
- Strong track in research
- Canadian Affiliation
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of computer research and analysis programs
- Ability to keep detailed records
- Excellent attention to details
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate collaborative schemes with other research groups
- High degree of teaching skills
- Experience of supervising Master students, preferably as principal supervisor
- High degree of organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously with good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective time management / Multitasking skills
- Experience in conducting presentations to a variety of audiences
- Experience in establishing good collaborative working relationships with students, faculty, and staff
Interested candidates should submit their CV and statement of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by CUD. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
We look forward to receiving your application!
About the Institution
Founded on a vision to pursue academic excellence and to leverage a diverse North American and European learning culture, Canadian University Dubai provides rich opportunities in education, research and professional development. Join our enthusiastic Faculty and Staff who deliver leading edge curriculum, tailored for a unique Canadian education experience. All of our programs are fully accredited in Canada and the UAE, opening doors and opportunities for our students to pursue their goals in Canada and abroad. You can do all of this, and be part of the exciting challenge, from our new campus in City Walk, where art, imagination and design meet, in the heart of Dubai’s newest boutique community. Canadian University Dubai offers full, expatriate assignments, with competitive total rewards. Canadian University Dubai strives to provide employees, students, and visitors with a diverse, safe, professional and ethical work environment, free of harassment. At Canadian University Dubai, we foster a culture of inclusion and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those of determination and those that are traditionally underrepresented in employment.