The Human Resource Manager is accountable for HR functions that support the University’s strategic plan and for providing assistance and direction to managers regarding effective Human Resource Management. The purpose is to provide consultation, technical advice and support on a wide range of HR issues. The position is responsible for ensuring that the University is compliant with all legislative requirements relating to the Human Resources functions.
- Keep track of all manpower requirement in light of approved Organogram/ organizational structure and shall initiate manpower requirement with the line manager.
- Manage and act as advisor / consultant to managers for HR functions such as staff recruitment, compensation, job evaluation, employee benefits, payroll, HRIS, employee relations and performance management.
- Responsible for timely preparation of job offers and employment contracts
- Responsible for developing JDs for all the CUD staff members for further review for departmental heads
- Responsible for extensive HR orientation of all new employees
- Ensure that the Annual/Interim/Periodic evaluations are initiated and coordinated on time
- Register all grievances at University level and shall report all such issues to the concerned for further action
- Promote and practice HR best practices, work ethics and value promotion.
- Take active participation in people management and shall ensure that staff is routinely included in target setting and service improvement meetings
- Conduct all exit interviews
- Responsible for the interpretation and application of the Staff Rules, regulations and procedures ensuring uniform application in accordance with guidelines
- Responsible for timely processing of monthly payroll in coordination with Finance department
- Ensure all staff payments are processed on time in accordance with procedures laid down by Finance
- Extend support to the HOD’s/ Deans / Chairs in the selection process and shall take active part in routine hiring
- Administer and monitor all benefits and their management and their compliance with the instructions and approvals
- Brief newly arrived staff on related administrative formalities and ensures all arrangements made for onward travel, if applicable.
- Supervise the prompt and efficient processing of documentation for the arrival of overseas staff which includes attestation of credentials, visa processing, flights, accommodation, insurance and family sponsorships
- Ensure quality HR services to employees with minimum response time
- Represent the office individually or as part of a team in meetings concerning personnel issues
- HR Wellness Program
- Any other task assigned from time to time.
- HR Compensation and Rewards Management
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree or professional certification in related field
- Should have no less than 5 year’s experience and must be able and prepared to ‘roll up their shirt sleeves’ and do what is necessary to get the job done.
- Experience in the higher education sector an added advantage
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have a strong interpersonal skill
- Customer service skills
- Team player
- Stress Management
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office
- Bilingual is an advantage
- Effective Communication
- Ability to work under pressure
- Compensation and Benefits
- HR budgeting and forecasting
- Superior Customer Service People Oriented
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Effective Communication
- Organizing for results
- Ability to work under pressure and Deadline oriented
- Arabic is an asset.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and statement of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by CUD. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
We look forward to receiving your application!
About the Institution
Founded on a vision to pursue academic excellence and to leverage a diverse North American and European learning culture, Canadian University Dubai provides rich opportunities in education, research and professional development. Join our enthusiastic Faculty and Staff who deliver leading edge curriculum, tailored for a unique Canadian education experience. All of our programs are fully accredited in Canada and the UAE, opening doors and opportunities for our students to pursue their goals in Canada and abroad. You can do all of this, and be part of the exciting challenge, from our new campus in City Walk, where art, imagination and design meet, in the heart of Dubai’s newest boutique community. Canadian University Dubai offers full, expatriate assignments, with competitive total rewards. Canadian University Dubai strives to provide employees, students, and visitors with a diverse, safe, professional and ethical work environment, free of harassment. At Canadian University Dubai, we foster a culture of inclusion and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those of determination and those that are traditionally underrepresented in employment.