Monday, June 14, 2021: Canadian University Dubai (CUD) is pleased to announce our membership to PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education), a world-wide initiative of the United Nations Global Compact to promote responsible and sustainable management education.
CUD now joins 850 leading business and management schools across 95 countries around the world in their commitment to build a more sustainable future by supporting the achievement of PRME’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and implementing the following Six Principles:
1. Purpose: Develop the capabilities of students to be future generators of sustainable value for business and society at large, working towards an inclusive and sustainable global economy.
2. Values: Incorporate into our academic activities, curricula, and organizational practices the values of global social responsibility as portrayed in international initiatives such as the United Nations Global Compact.
3. Method: Create educational frameworks, materials, processes, and environments to enable effective learning experiences for responsible leadership.
4. Research: Engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances our understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable social, environmental, and economic value.
5. Partnership: Interact with managers of business corporations to extend knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities, and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges.
6. Dialogue: Facilitate, support dialog, and debate, among educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organizations, other interested groups, and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
In addition, PRME functions as a convener of networks whereby signatories are encouraged to take part (PRME Champions, PRME Working Groups, and PRME Chapters) and expand their engagement with peers and partners, with the purpose of scaling up accomplishments in the areas of sustainability and responsible management education. CUD is among 11 universities in the United Arab Emirates to participate.
As a global learning community of thought leaders, academics, businesses, students, and leadership experts, PRME places great emphasis on engaging students and youth. As leaders of tomorrow, their role is pivotal in tackling the development challenges of the 21st century.
PRME Global Students (PGS) was developed as part of the PRME network, a student-run initiative designed to co-create a space for fruitful and creative collaboration, collective reflection, and joyful interactions between and beyond student organizations in the realm of sustainable development. PGS aims to empower and create value for student organizations worldwide by leveraging their interests while facilitating connections to each other and further players in a fast-paced.
For more information, please visit: UNPRME .