Dr. Hamoud Dekkiche
|Highest Degree||PhD, Glasgow University (Mackintosh School of Architecture) – Scotland, UK|
|Titles||Acting Dean of FAID / HOD Arch|
|Faculty||Faculty of Architecture and Interior Design|
Position Associate Professor
Highest Degree PhD, Glasgow University (Mackintosh School of Architecture) – Scotland, UK
Titles Acting Dean of FAID / HOD Arch
Faculty Faculty of Architecture and Interior Design
Dr. Dekkiche graduated from the Mackintosh School of Architecture, University of Glasgow with a Master Degree in Architecture in 1986 and a Ph.D. in 1990.
Dr. Dekkiche has been a practicing architect since 1983 with experience in Algeria, UK, and the USA. He taught at two distinguished universities in Algeria in the field of urban design and architecture. Playing a lead role in establishing a postgraduate department, his assignments included membership of the course board developing curricula and research programs while being a chair of the scientific council of the department of architecture.
He then progressed to work as an architect on projects in Arizona, California and Illinois as a Project Manager and Lead Designer. After more than two decades of international field practice, Dr. Dekkiche decided to return to academia and joined Canadian University Dubai as an associate professor to share his technical knowledge and skills by delivering sound and comprehensive design tools to students.
Dr. Dekkiche's research interest includes healthcare, hospitality and educational design with special concerns in passive solar, sustainability, BIM and life cycle assessment of building materials. He strongly believes that architecture should be ethical and respect the environment.
- Dekkiche, H., & Taileb, A. (2016). The Importance of Integrating LCA into the LEED Rating System. In Procedia Engineering, 145, pp. 844–851.
- Infrared Imaging as a Means of Analyzing and Improving Energy Efficiency of Building Envelopes: The case of a LEED Gold Building. ISSBN to be issued.
- Environmental Effect of Building Materials to a LEED Gold Building: the case of Brookside Public School in Toronto, Canada. Sept. 2013 ISSN: 2304-0513.
- Life-Cycle Assessment of LEED Gold Building with Alternative External Walls: The Case of Brookside Public School in Toronto, Canada. Nov. 2013 ISBN: 978-2- 95- 434321-1.
- Life cycle assessment as an environmental tool to enhance the LEED rating system: with reference to centennial college progress campus in Canada. February 2014.
- Life Cycle Assessment Impact on Existing Wall Systems and Possible Alternatives. Nov. 2014 ISSB: 978-2- 954-432-2-8.
Projects (architectural design)
- Gateway Hilton Garden Inn – Phoenix– 192 guestrooms – $15.5M
- Wyndham Hotel - (Interior remodeling) – Phoenix – 532 guestrooms
- McCarthy Senior Living – Assisted Living Project for the City of Phoenix
- Le Meridian Hotel (14-story building) – Tempe Town Lake
- 6 Intercontinental, 2 Hilton & 4 Choice Hotels- Arizona/ California
- Starbucks, Retail, Office building – Ontario California
- Tuuvi Travel Center – (Native Indian Reservation) Tuba City Arizona
- Baywood Banner Hospital expansion and remodeling, (Bed Tower, Radiology, Women’s center, Dialysis, Support services). City of Mesa, AZ. ($60M)
- Balboa Theater Remodeling, Saint Diego, CA ($12M)
- GSA - Walsh Court House Remodeling, Tucson AZ ($8M) Center for the Performing Arts, Peoria, AZ ($10M)
- Thomas M. Siebel Center for Computer Science. Univ. of Illinois-Champaign ($51M)
- National Center for Supercomputing Application
- Univ. of Illinois– Champaign, Illinois ($23M)
- Illinois Central College Housing Campus, Peoria Illinois ($17M)
- Williamsburg Estates: Townhouses (60), Peoria, Illinois ($3.4M)
- Bradley Hall renovation. Bradley University, Peoria Illinois ($17M)
- Private houses, Glasgow
- Glengoyne Distillery and Museum, Glengoyne
- Dykehead Road Residential Development (300 dwellings), Airdrie
- Ryde Road Residential Development (30 dwellings), Wishaw
- Powderhall Office Development (25,000 sq. ft.), Edinburgh
- Coastguard Station, Thurso
- Sheltered Housing for British Legion, Thurso
- Leisure and Exhibition Centre, Balloch