with 2 concentrations:
1. Building Information Modeling
The Architecture Department at CUD provides an exciting learning environment in the heart of Dubai, the design capital of the Middle East. Our strong connection to the local and global industry provides our students with a vast playing field to prepare themselves for careers with enormous potential and possibilities.
The Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies is a pre-professional degree program that provides you with a broad understanding of architecture, specializing in the technology of building information modelling (BIM) and sustainable design. It will develop your knowledge of pre-professional architectural technology and introduce you to the operating environment of architectural practice.
We offer an interactive trendy program delivered in a state-of-the-art studio and lab setting by faculty experienced in both BIM and sustainability. The Department of Architecture offers an industry-aligned program focusing on transdisciplinary learning, intertwining sciences, digital communication, humanities, and arts to build a well-equipped graduate profile that is responsive to contemporary architectural design thinking.
Throughout the program you will form a good understanding and proven ability in the fundamentals of architectural design, enhance your abilities in graphic, digital modelling, and oral communications and develop knowledge of building systems, appropriate technology and materials, as well as an appreciation of and sensitivity towards sustainability and the environment.
The 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies is a pre-professional degree and is different to a degree in Architecture. Any graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies program will not qualify for a professional license as Architects. Students enrolled in the 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architecture Studies degree who are interested in becoming professional Architects in the UAE must either;
• Supplement their Bachelor of Science in Architecture Studies degree with an additional two (2) year Master’s degree in Architecture.
• Transfer after successfully completing the 3rd year of their current program to the 5-year Bachelor of Architecture program, which equates to a total of 5 years of study.
This 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies degree has been designed specifically for those students who would like to pursue their professional career in Canada. As such, those Students interested in becoming professional Architects in Canada; after graduating from this 4-year program, should then transfer to Canada to complete a Master’s degree in Architecture and satisfy any professional requirements set by the relevant Canadian authorities.
Graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies will be equipped with:
- Creative and analytical skills.
- An understanding of the economic, social, constructional, and legal environments in which the practice of Architecture operates.
- Knowledge of pre-professional architectural and ethical values.
- A good understanding and proven ability in the fundamentals of architectural design.
- An enhanced ability in digital modeling, graphic and oral communication.
- A good knowledge of building systems, appropriate technology, and materials, and an appreciation of and sensitivity toward a sustainable environment.
Currently, graduates from the 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies program will be equipped to pursue career opportunities such as:
- BIM Manager
- BIM Information Manager
- BIM/Sustainability Coordinator
- BIM Modeler
- Teaching Assistant in BIM
- Sustainability Appraiser/Assessor
- Building Industry Coordinator
- BIM Technologist
- BIM/CAD Technician