With the rapid advancement in enterprise-related IT platforms and infrastructure, organizations are increasingly concerned with how they can harness new and emerging IT services and tools to benefit their business operations. In response to this trend, CUD has developed a new Master level program – the first of its kind in the region – that aims to equip the next generation of leaders with the necessary IT and governance skills to take advantage of these industry developments.
The content of the MITGOV program maps between the recently developed theoretical models of IT governance and assurance, and the IT tools within an organization’s different functional units. This helps students to understand, deliver and manage the efficient development and implementation of effective business processes. The program also supports the vision of the Smart City and related infrastructure, which is an emerging strategic development initiative for municipalities across the region.
- Pioneering - One of the first specialized programs in the region in IT Management and Governance.
- Accreditation - Accredited by the Ministry of Education: Higher Education Affairs.
- Highly qualified faculty – Faculty teaching in our IT Governance program have extensive industry experience.
- Weekday evening courses– Class schedules allow students to complete their Master degree while working or raising a family.
- Flexibility – The 6 week delivery offers students the flexibility of planning their courses schedule and time of graduation according to their work commitments and personal obligations.
- Duration of program – Our program consists of 10 consecutive 6 week courses.
After successful completion of this program, students will hold an internationally recognized graduate degree in IT Management and Governance and will be prepared to pursue professional certifications such as:
- CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT)
- CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
|Course Classification||Credit Hours|
|Pre-MIT Courses (Pass/Fail)||0|
|MIT Core Courses||30|
|Course Code||Course Title||Prerequisite||Credit Hours|
|MIT||601||Quantitative Analysis for Management||MIT-501||3|
|MIT||602||IT Services and Operations||None||3|
|MIT||603||Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility||None||3|
|MIT||604||Information Systems Control and Audit||None||3|
|MIT||605||IT Governance in IT Investment Decision Process||MIT-507||3|
|MIT||606||Information Security and Continuity Planning||None||3|
|MIT||607||Law, Regulations and IT Contracts||None||3|
|MIT||608||Strategic Urbanization of Information Systems & Planning||None||3|
|MIT||609||Governance & Management of IS||MIT-602 & MIT-605|
|MIT||610||IT Management and Governance Project (Capstone)||Complete 24 Cr.H|