Canadian University Dubai is a research-focussed institution, with a broad portfolio of academic expertise. Across our seven academic Schools – Architecture & Design; Business Administration; Communication and Media Studies; Engineering & Applied Science & Technology; Environment & Health Sciences; Liberal Arts & Sciences; and Graduate Studies – the University has made a significant contribution to the wider research community.
Goals & Objectives
The research initiatives and projects conducted at Canadian University Dubai are aimed at:
- Providing a means to reach out to student communities, practitioners in the workplace, and the business community and to raise awareness of the great opportunities and important challenges that research at Canadian University Dubai offers.
- Fostering and facilitating a broad multi-disciplinary involvement and an inter-disciplinary collaboration.
- Creating a web-based resource repository to facilitate research, education, and outreach to the student community.
- Stimulating industry/business/community interest and investment in university research by showing clear pathways to business benefits of research results.
The success of the research initiatives at the University will be measured by:
- Collaboration with government institutions, industry and other stakeholders to engage in research activities that have a direct impact on the UAE economy and society.
- Engaging our students at all levels into research, to gain broader knowledge and good understanding of the nature and importance of research in their field and education.
- Providing an enabling research environment to the faculty and student body in order to remain both research-active and competitive.
- Organizing International Conferences and Workshops to serve as forums for researchers and practitioners to exchange, network, present and discuss their work, as well as to contribute to the expansion of knowledge and to encourage research initiatives among the community of the University.