School of Architecture and Interior Design
Bachelor of Architecture
The degree program provides students with a good understanding of the functional areas of Architecture, including design tools, design methodologies, and design philosophies, allied with decision-making and effective presentation processes. The courses listed under the program requirements encompass the academic and professional areas of Architecture as defined by the Canadian Architecture Certification Board (CACB).
Bachelor Degree Program
5 Years (10 Semesters)
170 Credit Hours
Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters
Graduates with a Bachelor in Interior Design will be equipped with:
- Creative and analytical skills.
- An understanding of the economic, social, constructional, and legal environments in which the practice of Architecture operates.
- Knowledge of professional architectural and ethical values.
- A good understanding and proven ability in the fundamentals of architectural design
- An enhanced ability in graphic and oral communications
- A good knowledge of building systems, codes and appropriate technology and materials, and an appreciation of and sensitivity toward ecology and the environment.
Graduates with a Bachelor of Architecture will be eligible to apply for the following
- Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape and Interior design consultancies
- Real estate consultancies
- Construction & Project Management
- Government offices (Ministries and Municipalities)
- Facility Management
- Master degrees in Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape and Interior design
- Teaching positions in the related discipline