Dr. Rita Zgheib
|Highest Degree||PhD University of Toulouse (France)|
|Titles||Coordinator for BSC in Computer Science|
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering, Applied Science and Technology|
Position Assistant Professor
Highest Degree PhD University of Toulouse (France)
Titles Coordinator for BSC in Computer Science
Faculty Faculty of Engineering, Applied Science and Technology
Dr. Rita Zgheib is an assistant professor at the Department of Computer Engineering and Computational Science, Canadian University Dubai, UAE. She has 5+ years of academic and research experience in different university institutions in France and the UAE. Her research interests include - disease and epidemic detection, healthcare applications, IoT architecture, ontologies, semantic reasoning, Machine Learning, and software engineering. She has authored and co-authored several papers with experts from different countries (France, Italy, Norway, UAE) in international conferences and journals. She is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and an active member of International Program Committees, Technical Program Committees, and Advisory Committees of several academics conferences.
Dr. Zgheib holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science specialty in artificial intelligence from Paul Sabatier Toulouse University, France, where her dissertation explored novel semantic architecture for IoT healthcare applications. She also obtained an MSc Computer Science specialty in Information and Communication Systems from the University of Toulouse, France.
- Zgheib, Rita, Stein Kristiansen, Emmanuel Conchon, Thomas Plageman, Vera Goebel, and Rémi Bastide. "A scalable semantic framework for IoT healthcare applications." Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing (2020): 1-19.
- Zgheib, Rita, Firuz Kamalov, Ghazar Chahbandarian, and Osman El Labban. "Diagnosing COVID-19 on Limited Data: A Comparative Study of Machine Learning Methods." In International Conference on Intelligent Computing, pp. 616-627. Springer, Cham, 2021.
- Kamalov, F., Moussa, S., Zgheib, R., & Mashaal, O. (2020, December). Feature selection for intrusion detection systems. In 2020 13th International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Design (ISCID) (pp. 265-269). IEEE.
- Zgheib, Rita, Emmanuel Conchon, and Rémi Bastide. "Semantic Middleware Architectures for IoT Healthcare Applications." Enhanced Living Environments. Springer, Cham, 2019. 263-294.
- Zgheib, Rita. SeMoM, a semantic middleware for IoT healthcare applications. Diss. Université Paul Sabatier-Toulouse III, 2017.
- Zgheib Rita, DeNicola Antonio, Villani MariaLuisa, Conchon Emmanuel, Bastide Rémi. "A Flexible Architecture for Cognitive Sensing of Activities in Ambient Assisted Living". WETICE 2017 (Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises) IEEE 26th International Conference.
- Zgheib Rita, Conchon Emmanuel, and Bastide Rémi. "Engineering IoT Healthcare Applications: Towards a Semantic Data Driven Sustainable Architecture." eHealth 360°. Springer International Publishing, 2017. 407-418.
- Faux, Francis, Rémi Bastide, Nathalie Souf, and Rita Zgheib. "Smartphone-Based Collaborative System for Wounds Tracking."8th International Conference on e-Health, Telemedicine and Social Medicine (eTELEMED 2016), colocated with other events part of DigitalWorld 2016. [More Information]
- Zgheib Rita, Bastide Rémi, and Conchon Emmanuel. "A Semantic Web-of-Things Architecture for Monitoring the Risk of Bedsores." Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), 2015 International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.