Canadian University Dubai is committed to providing students with an international academic experience, guided by the highest educational and corporate ethics, adding value to the personal and professional lives of its graduates, and the communities in which we serve.
Canadian University Dubai promotes Canadian perspectives in learning, research and application, grounded in an appreciation and respect for the diverse culture and values of the UAE.
Core Values (PRIDE)
CUD has adopted a set of core values that aim at supporting the Vision and the Mission of the University. These core values are termed as “PRIDE” which are the fundamental elements that drive CUD organizational culture and operations.
“People are our Greatest Asset” recognizes the essential importance of people: students, faculty, and support staff, and their contribution to the success of our mission. We strive to ensure the CUD community embraces our values in their day-to-day interactions.
We value all individuals and strive to maintain an environment built on mutual trust, openness and personal dignity.
We are committed to creating an academic environment built on honesty, abiding by all legal and ethical standards, thereby earning and maintaining the trust and respect of our stakeholders and community.
We strive to build a community that celebrates diversity, strengthening the educational environment, and preparing our students and employees to be global citizens.
We are committed to achieving high academic standards and professional services. We strive to support personal growth and intellectual advancement of our students and employees.
Goals and Objectives
To create and maintain an environment conducive to continual learning and improvement, while continuously evaluating all aspects of CUD operations to ensure relevance, excellence and growth.
- 1.1 To provide opportunities for students to enhance their classroom experience through the use of multi-media and online resources.
- 1.2Through the Office of Institutional Research and Planning, continuously evaluating our performance as a teaching and research organization, for the satisfaction of students, staff, and all external stakeholders.
- 1.3To use systematic evidenced-based planning for the development of the University, both operationally and strategically.
- 1.4To continue to grow the base of programs and student numbers, to fulfil the mission and deliver the Strategic Plan of the University.
To encourage the enthusiasm and celebrate the contribution of staff and students, and to support the ambitions of all, by providing them with academic excellence and the empirical experience required for career success.
- 2.1 To deliver excellence in teaching, measured by student evaluation and the applicable external entities
- 2.2 To provide opportunities for student job placements, projects, and internship.
- 2.3 To engage government and private sectors, and non-profit organizations, within the region, in the University initiatives for the advancement of all involved.
- 2.3 To provide opportunities of professional development for faculty and staff to enhance their knowledge, skills, and aptitude for their career progression.
To generate an atmosphere with the established international ethical freedom of teaching and research, while fostering scholarly debate and mutual respect.
- 3.1 To develop a focused Research Center, which conducts research and engages students and faculty in the pursuit of scholarly activity.
- 3.2 To hold periodic open and public lectures to encourage debate grounded in academic rigor on issues of concern.
- 3.3 To develop, with students and staff, a code of conduct that is honored and respected.
To hold accountability and value the input of all stakeholders in developing and maintaining CUD’s portal to Canadian education, making CUD a University of Choice and an Employer of Choice.
- 4.1 To have a clear strategy for collaboration and co-operation with Canadian post-secondary educational institutions and to develop collaborative agreements, to be a coast-to-coast Canadian portal to education.
- 4.2 To systematically collect data from stakeholders, internal and external, concerning the performance of the University, its strategic brand position and its opportunities for growth.
To account for the needs of all internal and external stakeholders, by securing sufficient and relevant resources, for the achievement of the goals and operational objectives.
- 5.1 To undertake systematic resource planning for the university operations, to fulfill CUD’s mission and vision.
- 5.2 To maintain our status as a self-funded institution, while using new investments for expansion and development.