As a member of the class of 2022 you will share in a momentous occasion for Canadian University Dubai (CUD), as we celebrate your graduation at the Dubai Opera, under the patronage of His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Cabinet Member and UAE Minister of Tolerance and Coexistence.
The Canadian University Dubai, inspired by the strategic pillars of the UAE Centennial 2071, integrates the principles to develop the ambitions and excellence of the future generations. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, the Ruler of Dubai, launched the initiative to achieve UAE Centennial 2071, through a long-term working program that is an extension of the historical lecture by His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Abu Dhabi, at the end of the "Mohamed Bin Zayed Council for Future Generations" in March 2017. The UAE Centennial 2071 extends for five decades after 2021, where this second pillar of the UAE centenary is represented by investing in education, focusing on advanced sciences and technology, establishing ethical and professional values in educational institutions, and producing graduates with enlightened minds.
The graduating class of 2022 is uniquely the first graduating class within the first year, after the 50th, towards the centennial – a significant mark of the leaders of the future. The world is transforming at a rapid pace and CUD’s pioneering graduates, the incubators of entrepreneurship and innovation, are in an opportune epoch to lead the rising pinnacles of the future – solidifying significant global footprints in an unprecedented era. The Graduation Class of 2022 is an elite, unique, and distinct convocation themed: ‘The Future Pioneers Leading the Way’.
As a graduate of CUD and soon-to-be admitted to our elite alumni community, you should take immense pride in your achievements. Your qualifications are grounded in world-leading educational practices, and you now have the tools you need to put your skills and experience to work as leading business professionals, researchers, and entrepreneurs across the United Arab Emirates and beyond.
We hope that you will join us as we celebrate your accomplishments, and those of the University community, in reaching this significant milestone.
Graduation Ceremony Details
|Graduation Fair Packages|
|Date & Time||Tuesday, 14th March 2023, 6:00 PM|
How do I apply to participate in the Graduation Ceremony?
- Please refer to the email that has been sent to all students who are eligible to participate in the ceremony. This email has been sent to your CUD student email only.
- In the email you will find details that you can follow to learn about making your appointment. You will also be sized for your gown, and have your photos taken in the studio.
Key points I need to know for my Appointment:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Bring your Original Passport and/or Emirates ID along with you. (MANDATORY)
- When you arrive on campus for your appointment, please go directly to the University Studio in the Creative Zone, opposite the Library, in the CUD HUB Building (1st Floor).
- You are required to pay the Application Fee to graduate, and the Ceremony Participation Fee in order to participate in the ceremony.
- You are encouraged to clear any outstanding balance with Student Accounts as soon as possible or make a payment online.
- Your graduation photoshoot will be conducted on the same day. Remember to come prepared to have your photo taken for the Graduation Ceremony.
- Photo packages and other graduation items will be available for purchase. Please note photo packages or additional items ordered from the University Studio must be paid at Student Accounts to confirm your order.
What do I receive from the University if I do not attend the Graduation Ceremony?
- For students in good financial standing, the diploma, certificate, and official transcript will be prepared upon approval of your application for graduation.
- Official documentation is not released or prepared until all financial obligations have been satisfied.
What do I wear to the Graduation Ceremony?
- The event requires semi-formal wear. Dark colors are preferable.
- No unauthorized costume or ornamentation shall be worn on any of the regalia during the ceremony.
- Male graduates may wear a ghafiyah, guthra, egal, kandura, and na-aal together with the graduation gown and hood. A bisht is not permitted over the graduation gown. You will not be required to wear the mortarboard.
- Female graduates may wear an abaya and shela, hijab, or burqa together with the graduation gown, hood and mortarboard.
- If you are not in your academic regalia and ready for the procession, you will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony - no exceptions.
More details related to the ceremony will be updated here as they become available. You are requested to check your official CUD student email for regular updates.