Student Accommodation Facilities
Canadian University Dubai Student Accommodations offer a clean, safe, and cost-effective living option in Dubai. Whether you're a UAE resident or an international student, living alongside your University peers can help you to integrate into campus life, and experience a unique multi-cultural environment, conducive to academic success, personal growth, and social development.
Our Accommodations are overseen by resident Officers and are available to undergraduates, graduates, and students studying English, in separate areas for male and female occupants. Private and family facilities are not available.
Early registration is recommended to secure a place in Student Accommodations as spaces are limited and will be issued on a first come first served basis. Preference is given to first year female students. If you're a returning student, please notify the Accommodations Department of your requirements at least 6 weeks before the start of a semester.
All Accommodations are self-catering and you will need to purchase your own groceries and prepare your own meals, or order meals from nearby restaurants.
Canadian University Dubai Student Accommodations are located in Discovery Gardens, approximately 25 minutes by bus from the University campus. These Accommodations offer furnished, 1-bedroom and studio apartments, each with a private bathroom. Discovery Gardens is within a short walk of Ibn Battuta Mall, which houses over 200 shops, including a hypermarket, cinemas and amusement arcades, money exchanges, banking services, restaurants, cafes and food courts.
Included in your accommodation fees are the following items:
- Bed and mattress
- Desk and chair
- Kitchens equipped with appliances such as stove, refrigerator, microwave, water cooler
- Transportation to/from Canadian University Dubai campus scheduled several times a day including evenings
- Accommodations Officers providing on-site supervision
- A community lifestyle encouraging participation in formal and informal social and sporting activities.
Items not covered by the fees that you should make arrangements to bring or purchase such as:
- Laptop computer
- Plates, cups, pots/pans, cooking utensils
- Bedside lamp, electrical adaptors and extension cords
- Laundry soap, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, deodorant, toothpaste, and other such personal items.
If you prefer to live independently or with family, you will need to make alternative accommodation arrangements. Canadian University Dubai can assist by providing you with a list of several real estate companies that offer private furnished and unfurnished accommodation.
Any private rental arrangements are made exclusively between the student and the rental agency/landlord and CUD is not liable for any aspect of a private agreement. If you are interested in finding out more about private accommodation, you can contact email@example.com for further information.
Details at length are in the Canadian University Dubai Student Accommodation Policy, available from the Student Accommodation Officer or downloadable below. Categories included are under the following headings:
- Signing In and Out
- Accommodation Leave
- Violations of Curfew and Accommodation Leave
- Quiet Hours
- Pest Control
- Room Inspections
- Substance Abuse
- Failure to Comply with the Accommodation Policy
- Registration for Accommodation
- Moving In
- Renewing Accommodation
- Changing Rooms
- Leaving Accommodation
- Staying between Semesters