Top Reasons to Study at CUD
1. Begin Studying at CUD, Transfer & Graduate in Canada
Canadian University Dubai (CUD) has a strong international presence of 20+ transfer partnerships with esteemed universities in Canada and around the world. CUD has established 40+ memoranda of understanding with private and public sector organizations from across the country, and abroad.
2. CUD Climbs the Ranks – Nationally, in the Arab Region & Globally
- #1 University in Dubai (QS World University Rankings 2023, Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022)
- #3 in the United Arab Emirates (Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2022)
- #4 in the UAE (QS World University Rankings 2023)
- #7 for international students worldwide and #8 for international faculty worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2023)
- In the top 541-550 worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2023)
- Top 2% of global universities (QS University World Rankings 2023)
- CUD has received the prestigious five-star status (QS Stars university rating system 2023)
- #24 in the Arab Region (QS Arab Region University Rankings 2023)
3. Vibrant student life
The CUD community is a dynamic network of 120+ student nationalities. The University campus life buzzes with activities. Students are encouraged to explore and develop their interests through several events, performances, concerts, and cultural events. The vibrant university spirit, together with the quality of higher-learning, provides students with an enriching educational experience – shaping champions of the future.
4. Study in the Heart of Dubai
Our City Walk avant-garde university is in the heart of Dubai, giving students the ability to advance their career skills – alongside a vibrant community which inspires learning and development.
5. Delivering World-Class Canadian Inspired Curriculum
CUD is dedicated to and offers excelling research and higher education (in both undergraduate and graduate programmes) – preparing students within an inclusive environment, beneficial to research and entrepreneurship. Across each of the academic faculties:
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Architecture & Interior Design
- Faculty of Communication, Arts & Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering, Applied Science & Technology
There are 18 accredited programs and 30+ majors to choose from.
The variety of disciplines includes:
- Architecture and Interior Design
- Communication and Media
- Engineering, Applied Science and Technology
- Creative Industries
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Social Sciences: Psychology and Applied Sociology
6. Our Academics Are Our Strength
CUD is among the flagship institutions that have brought academic experts from across the globe – to expand the range of programs and to provide higher education aligned with international standards and practices.
7. Licensure, Professional Accreditation Certifications & International Recognition
- Licensed by the Ministry of Education – United Arab Emirates to award degrees
- CUD’s 18 programs are accredited through the Commission of Academic Accreditation (CAA)
- Bachelors and Graduate programs are now accredited by the Ministry of Education – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- CUD’s accredited programs are listed by the UAE Ministry of Education on the International Program Accreditation Portal (IPAP)
- CUD’s programs are recognized internationally in accreditations, affiliations, and certifications from leading professional bodies and partners: CIMA, CFA, ACCA, IAA, PRSA, AArU, ECO Canada, PRME, SHRM, and Autodesk
8. Expansion of the CUD Campus
In January 2022, the CUD campus extended in the heart of City Walk, downtown Dubai. The University’s avant-garde campus has attractive futuristic facilities to optimize student holistic learning experiences.
- Research Facilities
- Media Studios
- High-tech Classrooms
- Multi-purpose Theatre
- Student Success Centre
- Dining & Entertainment Options and More…
CUD offers support resources including internship, career/personal counselling, learning resource facilities and plenty of accessibility services.
9. Strong Research Capabilities
As a research-focused institution, with a broad portfolio of academic expertise, we are engaged in several research collaborations with partners across North America, Europe, and East Asia, as well as Middle East.
10. Study Scholarships
Our academic excellence and sports scholarships support some of the most gifted students to achieve an education that will ultimately help them make a valuable contribution to wider business and society.
11. Astounding Graduation Ceremonies
CUD has continuously set a precedent in the realm of higher education as the first University to celebrate the commencements of our students in extraordinary ways. Since 2011, we have taken great pride in pioneering astounding graduation ceremonies from the prestigious Dubai Opera (2018), the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa (2020), and recently at Expo 2020 Dubai (2022).
12. Employability Opportunities
The University’s programs are futuristically applicable to global industries and professional development. Students who have embraced the opportunity to transfer to Canada to complete their studies may become eligible for the Post-Graduate Work Permit Programme. This gives students the freedom to graduate with Canadian credentials and become eligible for a 3-year work permit in Canada.
13. A Connected Network of International Alumni
With 7000+ graduates, CUD alumni community is an international network that nurtures lifelong links across the University’s global networks.
“Canadian University Dubai is a true addition to the higher education landscape of Dubai and the UAE. It is a University that has established a good reputation and achieved multiple successes, within a short period of time. Through their commitment and endeavour, and with the aid of their professors, the graduates of CUD have gone on to be role models in our society.” His Excellency Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, UAE Minister of Culture & Knowledge Development