Once registered, students are academically and financially responsible for their course unless they officially withdraw by the given deadlines, outlined in the following table:
|Withdrawal from a course within the first week of study||100% Tuition fee *|
|Withdrawal from a course before the completion of the second week of study||50% Tuition fee *|
|Withdrawal from a course after the completion of the second week of study.||No refund|
|Withdrawal from a course within the first day of study||100% Tuition fee *|
|Withdrawal from a course before the completion of the second day of study||50% Tuition fee *|
|Withdrawal from a course after the completion of the second day of study.||No refund|
* Terms & Conditions:
- Application and registration fee is non-refundable.
- In the event student Drops, the tuition fee will be credited back to student ledger which can be utilized for the next semester.
- In the event student withdraws permanently from the University, student has to submit completed refund application form to Student Accounts department.
- In the event of non-compliance with agreed payment plan, all deposits held will be adjusted against balances owed to the university and excess amount will be refunded.
Student will receive refund for the credit balance within 30 days.
Overpayment of Tuition
- If a student is awarded a Canadian University Dubai scholarship or another form of discount, the amount of the award is applied as credit towards following semesters of registration. Unused amounts when a student graduates are not refunded in cash. Scholarships and other discounts are applied against the cost of tuition. No refund of Scholarship or Discounts is permitted.
- Overpayment of tuition is set aside to offset the cost of tuition for a following semester. The cost of fees and services is non-refundable.
- A refund of tuition is refunded to the provider (the source) in the same manner in which it was received, when the student:
- Withdraws from studies at Canadian University Dubai.
- Is dismissed for academic or disciplinary reasons.
- Has their visa to the UAE cancelled.
- To obtain a refund of the overpayment of tuition, an application must be filed when the student meets one of the above conditions.
Under Third Party Agreements
- Third Party Agreements outline the coverage of tuition and fees. The agreement limits costs associated with courses, credit hours, and other fees.
- If a student does not uphold the agreement, the student must pay tuition and fees in full immediately or be withdrawn.
- Students are responsible for advising the third party of any changes to their registration, academic progression, or costs related to the completion of the program. The University reserves the right to inform the third party employer or loan agency of the academic performance of the student at any time.
- Academic and financial penalties apply. Third Party Sponsors will be expected to adhere to University policies with respect to payment deadlines, late payment penalties, instalment charges, withdrawals, etc.
- Delinquent accounts will be reported, as required by law, to the UAE Authorities.
- Recovery of paid tuition, if any, at the end of each semester must be defined in the agreement. No recovery of fees is permitted. No recovery of Scholarship or Discounts is permitted.
NOTE: Third Party Agreements do not apply to employees of the United Arab Emirates Government and its agencies